Important: This device does not control lights or exhaust fans.
Jump to a section...
Before you begin...
- Make sure your fan is set to the highest speed before installing your Simple Ceiling Fan Controller
- The Simple Ceiling Fan Controller is only designed to control a single fan. It is capible of controlling multiple fans in the same circuit but they may spin more slowly than desired.
The Simple Ceiling Fan Controller is easily installed the same way as all our other switches!
- The Simple Ceiling Fan Controller has a toggle to turn your paddle fan on or off
- It also has a slider to adjust the fan speed:
- Bottom - Low speed
- Middle - Medium speed
- Top - High speed
Fan speeds are too slow?
- The Simple Ceiling Fan Controller needs the fan to be manually set to the highest speed to function properly. If you have a pull chain on the fan, use it to double check that the fan is at the highest speed.
- The Simple Ceiling Fan Controller is designed to control a single fan. If your switch is controlling multiple fans at once, you may encounter issues with fan speed.
Fan doesn’t turn on when you toggle your switch?
- Double check that the fan is on. For example, if you have a pull chain on the fan, use it to check that the fan is on.
- There may be a wiring issue. Contact an electrician to double check that wires are properly connected to the Backplate.
Light bulb on the fan turning on/off when you toggle your switch?
- The light and fan motor are likely wired together, and so both are being controlled by the Simple Ceiling Fan Controller. This product is not designed to control lights.
- The fan blades might not be properly balanced. We recommend double checking the fan manufacturer instructions.
Tip: Once your Simple Ceiling Fan Controller is set up, you can remove the pull chain, which can help avoid any mixups.