This section is for Smart Switch devices only. To confirm your device is a Smart Switch, check the model number of the back of the switch. If the model number is DS2005, you're good to go! If the model number is DS2010, DS2011, or DS2012 check out our Smart Dimmer Guide. If the model number is DS0001 or DS0002 use our Smart Scene Controller Guide
For a PDF of the Smart Switch instructions, check out the product guide page.
Factory reset a device to erase all information from it including name, schedules, scenes, timers, and zones for Smart Switches.
1. Hold down the configure button on your Deako switch
Hold down the button until the light is solid red, then release.
2. Wait until the configure button light turns off
The light will remain solid red for 3 seconds while the switch is factory resetting. The switch will then reboot (flash green) for a few seconds. Once the light is off, the switch has successfully reset.
Insert a Smart Switch into one of the backplates. If the Configure button flashes green..
Move on to step 2.
If it doesn't flash green, don't worry! Move on to the next backplate in the circuit and repeat step 1.
2. Press & hold the configure button until it begins flashing purple.
3. Start the linking process
Confirm that the all switches in the circuit are flashing purple.
Once confirmed, press and hold the configure button on any switch until it flashes white.
Repeat step 2 & 3 for each backplate in the circuit
Both switches will begin flashing white and the light may turn on and off (pretend it's a rave!).
This will last for about 45 seconds.
4. Test each switch
Try turning the light on and off from each switch. If it works, huzzah! You did it! If something is wrong, try factory resetting your switches and trying again.
Add your smart Deako devices to the Deako app to customize your smart lighting features.
Before you begin...
Install Deako smart products in your home
Link Smart Switches that control the same light
Add a device
1. Tap the plus button
From the home screen, tap the plus button at the bottom center of the screen.
If you see this screen: Go ahead and tap Pairing devices and skip to Step 3
2. Select Device
3. Select Switch
4. Follow in-app instructions
The app will guide you through the steps to add your selected device:
Click Next on the Linking switches prompt
Make sure that you’ve linked switches that control the same light
2. Tap on the Linking pop-up
If the light is controlled by more than one switch, tap Yes
If the light is only controlled by one switch, tap No
3. Press and hold the main button of your Smart Switch until the Configure button begins flashing blue
You’ll see a pop-up that lets you know the app is connecting to your device
4. Name your light, then tap Next
5. Once the switch has finished pairing to the app, tap Done
If you have other switches to add the app, you can tap the plus symbol
- This feature is only available for Smart Switches, Single Pole Smart Dimmers, Master Smart Dimmers, and Remote Smart Dimmers. To confirm your device is one of these, check the model number on the back of the switch. If the model number is DS2005, DS2010, DS2011, or DS2012 you're good to go!
- This feature is available for version 1.24 or higher of the Deako app. To see what version of the app you're running, tap the gear-shaped icon on the top left of the main screen. You can update the app by searching for Deako in the App Store/Google Play Store and tapping Update.
- Smart Switches and Smart Dimmers need to be on firmware version 3.12 and above to access this feature. Here's how to check the firmware version of your Smart Switch/Dimmer. If your device isn't on that firmware, power cycle the device and wait for a few minutes for it to update
What is Sunrise/Sunset?
Sunrise/Sunset is a setting in Schedules that allows your Smart Switches/Dimmers to turn on or off with the sunrise or sunset. Get a jump on the day or wind down with the sun!
What time does Deako use for Sunrise/Sunset?
This feature uses Civil Twilight - Sunrise is at the start of dawn and Sunset is at the end of dusk. This is the standard for sunrise/sunset features.
Before you begin...
- Link sets of switches that manually control the same lights
- Add your switches to the Deako App
Create a Sunrise/Sunset Schedule
1. Open the Deako app, tap the "+" icon,
2. Select the Schedule icon
3. Select the light you'd like to schedule and whether you'd like it to turn on and/or off
You can select Sunrise/Sunset by tapping on the time display
4. Set your light to either Sunrise or Sunset
You can choose at sunrise or sunset, or a time before or after.
Why don't I see the Sunrise/Sunset option on my Smart Scene Controller Switches/Dimmers?
Sunrise/Sunset is only compatible with Smart Switches and Smart Dimmers
Why is the app telling me the feature is unavailable for my Smart Switch?
Your Smart Switch may not be on the most recent firmware version quite yet. Smart Switches will automatically update, but power cycling the switch and waiting for a few minutes will prompt the switch to update
Deako Smart Switches have an LED light at the bottom middle of the switch. This is the Configure button.
What do you see?
Solid white: success
This indicates the device has successfully completed the pairing or linking process.
Solid red: factory resetting
The device is factory resetting.
Flashing blue: pairing mode
Your switch is in the first step of the pairing process and is discoverable by the Deako App.
Flashing white: pairing or linking
Your switch is either in the second step of the pairing process and has been found by the app or is in the second step of the linking process and has found its buddies (the other switches controlling the light).
Flashing green: starting up
Your device is booting up. This is most common when your switch is first inserted or after it is factory reset.
Flashing purple: linking mode
Your switch is ready to go through the linking process or is receiving a firmware update.
Flashing red & yellow: critical error
Critical error - please contact Deako's support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flashes red twice: error
The action you attempted was not successful. This typically occurs after an attempt to pair the device to the Deako App or after an attempt to link switches together.
Flashing white & red: can't connect to WiFi
Your device has failed to connect to WiFi and/or Deako's servers.
Flashing purple & red: linking error
An error has occurred during linking. Try factory resetting your switches and try again.
Flashing blue & red: pairing error
An error has occurred during pairing. Try factory resetting your device and trying again.