This is an overview of the Deako app from a technician perspective. If you’re not a technician, check out this section of the Deako support site.
This feature is available for version 1.25 or higher of the Deako app. To see what version of the app you're running, tap the gear-shaped icon on the top left of the main screen. You can update the app by searching for Deako in the App Store/Google Play Store and tapping Update.
Creating a home
1. From the home screen select Create a new home
If your home screen doesn’t look like this, verify you have logged in with your work email. If you still do not see this home screen, contact Deako support by shaking your phone while the app is open or calling 1-844-673-3256
2. Enter homeowner information
Be sure to use the preferred email of the homeowner as the invite to their Deako Home will be sent to it.
3. Review information and hit submit
Make sure the info entered is correct.
4. (Optional) Add another home member
If another person in the home will be using the Deako app, select Add another home member and enter their email address, then hit send in the upper right.
5. Add Deako devices
Tap Add devices and follow the in-app instructions.
6. Ensure the homeowner accepts the invite
Confirm the homeowner is able to accept the invite and log in to their home profile. Also, double check they can control their lights in the Deako app.
7. Remove yourself from the profile
On the main menu, tap the Gear icon on the top left
Next, tap Home Settings
Tap Edit on the top right corner, then remove your email address from the profile
Note: You'll need to close the Deako app for this to take effect.
Access an existing home
Note: If you do not currently have access to any Deako homes, the Access existing home button will be greyed out.
1. Select Access existing home
2. Select the home you would like to access
1. Tap the gear icon on the upper left part of the screen
2. Tap Technician Home
1. Tap the gear icon in the upper left
2. Tap Logout
Still need help?
Contact Deako support by shaking your phone while the app is open or calling 1-844-673-3256 ext 2.
Attention Security Technicians! We realize you are experienced in your trade but to save you time and effort, skim through these quick tips and tricks for working with Deako products.
1. Link any switches that control the same light
Any switches that control the same light need to be linked before being added to the Deako app and adding Deako to the Qolsys panel. Check out our guides below for steps on how to link Smart Switches and Smart Dimmers
2. Make sure all smart devices are paired to the Deako app
The Qolsys panel will be unable to locate Deako devices if they haven't been paired to the Deako app.
3. Make sure the Qolsys panel is on the same Wifi network as Deako devices
Deako products are only compatible with 2.4 GHz networks.
4. Make sure a Wifi-bridge is set up
A Wifi-bridge allows Deako devices to connect with integrations like the Qolsys panel. Smart Switches and Dimmers are Wifi-enabled, so double check that one is set up as the bridge via these steps.
5. Make sure the homeowner accepts the invite to the Deako app
Always be sure the homeowner can access their home profile on the Deako app and can control their switches with their phone. That way, if you ever need to come back to the home or lose access, the homeowner can invite you to their profile.
6. Don't use Alarm.com in Alexa or other home integrations to control lights
Alexa and other home integrations connect with Deako separately. For best performance, control Deako smart switches directly in those other home integrations.
Check out these instructional videos for step by step guides on Deako for technicians!