After linking your Alarm.com and Deako accounts, you'll be able to control your Deako devices from the Alarm.com app! This also means you can create automations or other customizations to use your Alarm.com and Deako devices together!
Before you begin...
- Add your switches to the Deako App
- Have an Alarm.com app account.
1. Login into your Alarm.com account
Open the Alarm.com app on your phone and login to your account.
2. Navigate to the menu
From the home page, select the icon in the upper left corner to open the menu.
3. Select Add device
From the list of options, select Add device.
4. Select Lighting and Appliance control
5. Select Deako Smart Device
6. Tap login on the Deako page
Google and Apple login currently not supported
You cannot link a Deako account that has an Apple or Google login. Don't worry, we're working on it! For now, follow these instructions before continuing to step 7.
7. Login to your Deako account
8. Select your Home
Select the name of the home you would like to link.
9. Wait while Alarm.com discovers devices
10. Select Continue
11. Exit to the home page
Hit Done in the upper right to return to the home page of the Alarm.com app.
12. Control your Deako devices
Scroll down on the homepage to the Lights section to control your Deako devices.
How to create a Deako account to link to Alarm.com (Login with Apple or Google workaround)
To get around this, you will need to create a new Deako account and give it access to your home.
1. Open your Deako app
2. Navigate to Settings
Select the gear icon in the upper left to go to Settings.
3. Select Add home member
4. Type in your email address.
5. Log out of your Deako account.
6. Create a new Deako account
Use the invited email and a new password.
7. Accept invite in email
In your email, you'll find a Deako invite. Open the email, click the link, and login with the account you just created.
8. Login to the Deako app with the new account
Open back up the Deako app and login with the new account. Confirm you are able to see your home and control lights.
9. Continue to step 7 of this article and login with the newly created account.