Have a light that is physically controlled by multiple switches? These switches will need to be linked as a 3-way or 4-way set in order to function properly. If your switches already function properly, your electrician may have already linked the switches for you.
Want to learn more about 3-way and 4-way circuits? See Wiring types.
Step 1: Install a Smart Switch or Remote Smart Dimmer into one of the Deako Backplates in the circuit. Electricians, start with the first line location in the circuit.
- Insert the switch into the Deako Backplate.
- Align the blue tab with the slot on the Deako Switch.
- While pressing the switch inwards, push in the blue tab.
- Watch the configure button to see if it flashes green. This signifies that the switch is successfully receiving power.
- If the configure button flashes green, continue to the next step.
- If the configure button does not flash green, remove the switch and insert it into another location for the set. Continue until you locate the location which has the configure button flash.
Step 2: Press and hold the configure button.
Hold the configure button until the light is flashing purple and then release. This light should remain flashing purple.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1&2 until you reach the last backplate location.
If you are using dimmers, this is where you’ll want to put the Smart Dimmer. Repeat step 2 with this last switch.
Step 4: Verify all switches are flashing purple and initiate linking.
Once verified, press and hold the configure button until the light is flashing white. Wait for all the switches’ configure buttons to go solid white and then off. This indicates linking is complete.
Step 5: Test turning the light on and off from each switch.
If you aren’t able to do this, factory reset your switches and try again.
Step 6: Snap on Deako Faceplates for all switches
Now that your 3-way or 4-way switches are linked, add the set to the Deako App. Learn more...