Follow the instructions below to install Deako Smart Switches in a 3-way or 4-way circuit.
Don't know what kind of circuit you have? Check out Wiring Types.
- Deako Backplates installed (check out Installing Deako Backplates in a 3-way Circuit or Installing a Deako Backplate in a 4-way Circuit)
- Deako Smart Switches
1. Plug in a Deako Smart Switch
Install a Deako Smart Switch into one of the Deako Backplates in the circuit.
- Insert the switch into the Deako Backplate
- Align the blue tab with the slot on the Deako Switch
- While pressing the switch inwards, push in the blue tab
2. Snap on Deako Faceplate
Install the Deako Faceplate by snapping it onto the backplate.
3. Repeat for each switch in the circuit
Move to the next switch and repeat step 1-2 for each switch in the circuit. Once you have installed Deako Smart Switches into each backplate in the circuit, you're all set!
Important: 3-way & 4-way linking
Now that you have installed a Deako Smart Switches in a 3-way or 4-way circuit, they must be linked to eachother before they can be added to your Deako App.
Click here to learn more about 3-way & 4-way Linking.