Deako Switches are single-pole by default. To use them in 3-way or 4-way circuits, follow the steps below.
This article is for Smart Scene Controller devices only. To confirm your device is a Scene Controller, check the model number of the back of the switch. If the model number is DS0001 or DS0002, you're good to go! If the model number is DS2005, DS2011, or DS2012 follow these instructions.
3-way and 4-way linking is only required for Deako smart switches and dimmers.
Before you get started...
How do I know if I have a 3-way or 4-way?
If there is one switch that controls the light(s), you have a single-pole circuit. If you have single-pole circuit, 3-way & 4-way linking is not required.
If there are two switches that controls the light(s), you have a 3-way circuit.
If there are more than two switches that control the light(s), you have a 4-way circuit.
Installing Smart Scene Controller dimmers
If you are installing Deako Smart Scene Controller Dimmers in a 3-way or 4-way circuit, dimmers must only be installed at the load location of the circuit.
3-Way & 4-Way Linking
1. Press & hold a switch
Press and hold one of the switches in the circuit until the switch flashes.
If nothing happens, try the next switch in the circuit (the switch you just tried is likely not powered).
2. Tap the 1 icon
To put the switch into linking mode, tap the 1 icon (the icon will begin flashing)
3. Repeat steps 1-2 for each switch until you reach the last switch in the set
Repeat steps 2-3 for each switch in the circuit. The 1 icon must be flashing on every switch in the circuit before continuing to the next step.
Tip: Plug in a Smart Scene Controller dimmer in this last location if you'd like the lights to be dimmable!
4. Tap the 2 icon on the last switch
- Confirm that the 1 icon is flashing on every switch in the circuit.
- Once confirmed, tap the 2 icon on the switch in the load location, the last location you installed a switch (How to Identify Line & Load Locations)
- Wait for all switches in the circuit to stop flashing. The switches may restart multiple times (this is normal). Once they have stopped, 3-way & 4-way setup is complete.
If switches continue flashing for more than one minute, there might be a problem.
To exit linking mode, press and hold the switch for 6 seconds. Then before retrying, factory reset each switch in the circuit (How to factory reset a Deako Switch).
Now that your 3-way or 4-way circuit it set up, it can be paired to your phone using the Deako App. Learn more...