Use the Deako skill for Alexa to control your Deako smart products with voice commands like:
- Alexa, turn on the Kitchen lights
- Alexa, dim the Dining Room lights to 25%
Before connecting Alexa be sure you’ve completed the setup of your Deako products and your Amazon Alexa products.
- Open your Alexa account and search for Deako on the skills page.
- Select the Enable button at the top of the Deako Skill page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to login to your Deako account and select your location.
- Tell Alexa to discover your Deako Smart Lighting devices by saying “Alexa, discover my devices” or by selecting Add Device in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
Tip: Alexa will recognize the names you’ve assigned to devices in the Deako App so be sure to pick easy to remember names.
Alexa can’t find the device?
If you recently changed the name of your device, scene, or zone in the Deako app Alexa may take a few hours to update. We’ve found that having Alexa rediscover devices helps the change go into effect sooner.
Alexa tells you that there’s more than one device with that name?
Alexa has trouble delineating between devices that start or even include the same name. For example “Kitchen Ceiling Light” and “Kitchen Sink Light” both include “Kitchen” and “Light”, Alexa is likely to have trouble. Try keeping names unique, for example “Kitchen” and “Sink” will be more reliable.