Set one or more lights to a certain state using Scenes. A common use-case for scenes is to turn off all of your Smart Switches or Smart Dimmers before going to bed. But that's not all you can do! You can also preset the dim level for a group of switches.
Creating a Scene
- Open the Deako App and tap Scenes.
- Tap the plus icon at the top right.
- Name the scene. It’s important to give scenes a distinct, easy to remember name, especially if you would like to integrate with voice control systems like Alexa or Google Home.
- Select all the switches you would like included in your scene.
- Customize the states. Would you like the switch to turn on, turn off, dim?
Next, you'll be prompted to assign the scene to a switch. This is optional.
Assign Scene to a Switch
Assigning a scene to a switch allows you to activate the scene by tapping an icon on the switch itself. If you do not assign the scene to a switch, you can still activate the scene through the Deako App or through integrations like Alexa or Google Home.
When a scene is assigned to a switch, the top left corner of the switch will light up. This is the scene icon indicator. You may disable this feature to prevent the corner of the switch from being lit all the time or leave the feature activated to act as a nightlight.
To activate a scene that is assigned to a switch:
- Tap the top left corner of the switch.
- Tap the numbered icon on the switch for your scene.
To disable the scene icon indicator:
- Tap the Zones tab in your Deako App.
- Tap the menu for your switch that has scenes assigned to it and select Edit.
- Toggle off Scene Icon and tap Save.