🎥 Installing a 3-way Circuit
- Neutral wire required
- Ground wire required for safe operation
- Click here for additional specs
How to Install
- Identify the 3-way line and load locations of the circiut
- The Load connects directly to the light fixtures.
- The Line connects directly to the power source.
- Strip the existing wires to 3/8". Do not shorten Deako Backplate wires.
- Connect wires as shown in the diagram above.
NOTE: It is important not to reverse your travelers. Our wires are polarity sensitive.
- Install switches into the backplates by pressing the blue tab inwards to lock the switch into place.
- For Deako Simple or Smart Switches, install the switches into both wired backplates.
- For Deako Smart Dimmers, install a Deako Smart Switch at the line location and a Deako Smart Dimmer at the load location.
- Optional: Test Wiring
- Turn the power on
- Toggle each switch to test that it is working correctly
- Turn the power off